Monday, November 3, 2008

Porter Clate Mask "Pacman" or Porter Boy


Porter Clate Mask was born July 26th. He was the first of the six mask children to finally come without being forced here. Friday night July 25th Joseph and I were getting ready to go to a company dinner. Just as we were about to walk out the door, I felt a gush. 5 times I have just wished my water would break. Was it to good to be true? Was it really happening the way I had always dreamed. When in talking with others I would always specify that it happens to everybody else but not me. So I went into the bathroom and sure enough something was happening. But was it enough to actually allow me to have a baby one week early? Yahoo I was running through the house screaming and yelling hooray. The kids thought either I had snapped or something was really wrong with mom. Thats when I told them the good news that we were going to have a baby. I was still running around like a raving lunatic and Rayla was packing me up. Before I could even ask for all the things everyone needed to go to grandma's Rayla already had them gathered. She even had the chicken nuggets packed up in little baggies for the kids dinner. Joseph still wasn't convinced He asked the nurse if my water had broke and if they would be keeping me. She assured him that it had broke and that we weren't going anywhere. This is the point in the evening when Joseph finally came to terms with the fact he was eating dinner at the hospital and not at Charleston's. I still had to have some pit to get the ball rolling. But everything went great. We are so blessed and happy to have Porter in our family. One day Rayla and I were talking about how much we love our little Andrew boy and Rayla commented on how she couldn't imagine our lives with out him, cause we love him so much. Its the same with our little pacman. We are so happy to have him here and he is so lucky to have 5 wonderful older siblings who love him sooo much.

No comments: